Do you know how to become a CID officer after graduation? Most people want to become a doctor or engineer when they grow up, but there are some people who want to do something different.
There are some people who want to become a CID officer and if you want to make a career in this field, then you should start preparing for it very soon. To become a CID officer, you need to have a sharp mind, a strong body and the ability to solve any task. Becoming a CID officer is not an easy task. For this you have to work hard. So today in this article you will get complete information about how to become a CID officer after graduation and more.
Who is the CID officer?
The full form of CID is Criminal Investigation Department. It means, while working under the Government of India, this agency solves criminal cases in a secret manner. It is not that CID is different from police, but it is a covert form of agency police. The cases which are more sensitive are solved by the CID agency instead of the police. After becoming a CID officer at any level, you may have to investigate major and complicated crimes. Apart from this, your duties include investigative duties such as collecting evidence for criminal cases, keeping reports in detail, exchanging information and coordinating activity changes with other agencies, etc.
These are the following criteria to become a CID officer.
Age limit to become a CID officer
- The age limit of the general category candidates has been kept from 20 to 27 years.
- The age limit for OBC category candidates has been kept at 20 to 30 years.
- The same age limit for SC and ST category candidates has been kept at 20 to 35 years.
Educational Qualification Required to become CID
- To become a CID officer, at least you need to pass class 12th.
- If the candidate wants to go to a higher post in this, then the candidate must have obtained graduation from a recognized university.
- Apart from this, you should have obtained the citizenship of India.
Chances of Attempts for CID Officer Examination
- Both male and female can apply for the CID Officer job.
- General category candidates can attempt it 4 times to qualify.
- OBC category candidates can attempt 7 times.
- The ST and SC category candidates can attempt it multiple times. That is, there is no limit for the candidates of this category.
Selection Process to become a CID Officer
To become a CID officer, you have to go through the selection process of written exam, physical test and interview.
- Firstly the candidates of CID Officer have to give a written test.
- After this, the physical test of the candidate is done.
- Height is also checked in the physical test, which should be 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women.
- Distant vision is also checked in this. And the near vision should be 0.6 in one eye and 0.8 in the other eye.
- In physical test you may have to qualify in short or long distance running, high and long jump with given parameters.
- If the candidate passes both these stages then he/she is called for the interview. The candidate becomes a CID officer on the basis of marks obtained in the interview.
Exam Pattern Of CID Exam
CID Officer exam is conducted by UPSC SSC every year. So you can check online by visiting its website. Its examination is done in two parts.
- The first exam consists of 200 marks paper in which you get 2 hours. In this exam, questions are asked from General Awareness, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension.
- The same second paper is of 400 marks for which full time of 4 hours is given. In this, questions are asked from Numerical Ability and English Comprehension.
Syllabus for Written Exam
- What is going on in the current.
- Who got which award.
- When a book is launched, the name of its author is mentioned.
- About states.
- Which player won which tournament.
- About Sanskrit and Dharma.
- National Animal, Bird, Game, Gana, Speed, Flag etc.
- Coding Decoding
- Classification, etc
- Time and distance,
- Time and work,
- Pipes and Cisterns,
- Number system,
- Fractions and decimals,
- Square roots,
- Profit and loss,
- Ratio and proportion etc.
- Synonyms and antonyms,
- Fill in the blanks,
- Cloze test,
- Spelling test,
- Idioms and phrases,
- One word substitution,
- Sentence correction,
- Sentence or phrase improvement,
- Active passive voice,
- Direct- indirect speech,
- Reading comprehension etc.
Some important tips to become a CID Officer
- If you want to become a CID officer, then first of all get the complete information about CID officer and then start your preparation.
- The job of a CID officer is very difficult. So if you want to become CID then keep yourself strong from childhood. You don’t have to break down no matter what the situation is.
- And to become a CID officer first you have to see its syllabus because before giving any exam you should have command over its syllabus.
- To become a CID officer, you have to make your mind very sharp. Your mind should be open 24 hours. That means your mind should always keep talking about your work.
- Watch the upcoming TV dramas related to CID for your good preparation. With that your preparation will be good.
- Change the way you speak, bring a little harshness in your voice.
- Take help from your seniors and get information from them for your exam preparation.
- Practice the exam asked in the last few years.
Salary of a CID Officer
The salary of CID officers is very impressive. Their pay scale is based on the Pay Commission of the Central Government. Generally, the pay scale of a CID Inspector ranges from Rs 50,000 to Rs 70,000. The pay scale of a senior CID officer like DCP or ACP ranges from 1 lakh to 2 lakh rupees depending on the month. And the salary of some high level officers like Joint CP or Special CP can also be from 2.5 to 4 lakh rupees depending on the month.
CID officers also get a lot of allowances like house rent allowance, dearness allowance, traveling allowance and medical benefits. Their career growth is also very good and their salary keeps on increasing along with the experience. Many times they have also received bonuses and incentives, especially if they solve high profile cases. Hence, a career like CID is very established and interesting. But, the work of a CID officer is also very challenging and risky. They always have to take care of the safety of their life.
Candidates, If you want to become a CID officer, then you have to keep your personal and physical abilities strong. Tactical training, annual exciting and self planted exercises can help you a lot. Also, you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria, such as citizenship, high physical fitness, dynamic mindset and ability to network with good people. So in this article, we discussed How to Become a CID Officer After Graduation. It is extremely important for students who dream of becoming a CID officer to score well in their studies and develop the ability to face difficulties. It will be necessary to prepare for the examinations and interviews conducted by the public commissions.
You have to perform well in the highest level of preparation, personal interview, and physical and mental tests. Atlast, becoming a CID officer after graduation is possible but it will require hard work, dedication, and strategic and mental preparation. If you meet all these criteria, you will be able to become a strong and successful CID officer.
For more latest updates visit our website Sarkari Set. If you have any queries contact us [email protected] . If you want to be the first to know the latest news, do not forget to follow us on Telegram and also subscribe our Sarkari Set Website.
How to become a CID Officer – FAQs
How can I become a CID officer in India?
If you want to become a CID officer in India, you can complete a Bachelor degree in Criminology. This subject will help you crack the UPSC CSE exam. Once you get selected in the UPSC CSE exam, you will be able to join as a Crime Investigation Department (CID) Officer.
What is the income of a CID officer in India?
In India, the average income of a CID officer is approximately 55,000- 80,000 per month.
What are the powers of a CID inspector?
After becoming a CID officer at any level, you can investigate major and complicated crimes. Apart from this, your duties include investigative duties such as collecting evidence for criminal cases, keeping reports in detail, exchanging information and coordinating activity changes with other agencies, etc.
What are the Educational Qualifications Required to become a CID officer?
To become a CID officer, at least you need to pass class 12th. If the candidate wants to go to a higher post in this, then the candidate must have obtained graduation from a recognized university.
What is the age limit to become a CID officer?
To become a CID officer in India, the minimum age limit is 20 years and maximum is 27 years. Whereas SC, ST, and OBC category candidates get age relaxation.