In the last few years in India, career opportunities in the field of data are increasing very fast. That’s why the demand for Data Scientists has also increased rapidly and there has been a lot of improvement in the salary package they get.
The demand for data experts is also in big companies, e-commerce industries as well as in startups, that is, a lot of scope has been created for data scientists everywhere. So if you want to move forward in the field of data and want to know how to become a data scientist after 12th then today’s article is for you.
Who is a Data Scientist ?
Data scientists are exports who collect large sets of structured and unstructured data and analyze them. In this work, Data Scientist’s Mathematics Statistics and Computer Science knowledge work together. Then after analysis and processing, that data becomes useful for a company. Data is very important for every company and the ones who do such a big task of bringing it into useful form are data scientists.
Role of a Data Scientist
As we all know that Data Scientists don’t work alone, they work with other professionals such as data analyst, data engineer, IT architect, developer etc. Depending on the specific job, organization or Industry following are the duties and responsibilities of a Data Scientist –
- Data scientist acquires, gathers and cleans data from various sources to create a strong foundation for effective analysis of data.
- Data scientists understand the business problems to decide the data and procedures required.
- After gathering and analyzing data, data scientists design, plan and develop solutions and communicate their actionable insights to stakeholders.
Eligibility Criteria of a Data Scientist after 12th
- You must hold a bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, business studies, finance, economics, or computer science to become a data scientist
- If you have a Masters Degree or Doctorate Degree then the opportunities or scope you will get will increase slightly.
- If you have done MSc in Data Science then it is very good because in India almost 50% data scientist is MSc while the rest is BSc or some Phd.
Procedure to become a Data Scientist
If you want to make your career as a Data Scientist, make sure to follow the following steps –
- To become a Data Scientist you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Business Studies, Computer Science, Statistics or BTech.
- If you want to become a data scientist, you must learn about R, SQL, NoSQL, Python and SAS, computer programming languages. These languages have common uses in machine learning, data analysis, and data interpretation.
- In working as a data scientist, you need to practice technical skills like data visualization, data wrangling and reporting.
- To quickly store structured data and learn how to work with big data, you need to understand databases in detail.
- Get an internship and apply for jobs at companies hiring data scientists. Doing an internship will help a lot in gaining practical knowledge and working with senior data analysts, business analysts, data engineers and more.
Career prospects of Data Scientist
- So Data Scientists can work in Sectors like Telecom, Retail, Insurance, Banking & Financial Services and Health Care.
- And names of some top Companies to Recruit Data Scientists are
- Mercedes Benz Research and Development
- JP Morgan
- BG Consultants
- Airtel X Labs
- Here are some of the highest paid job opportunities available in the field of data science
- Data Scientist
- Data Architect
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Engineer
- Business Intelligence Developer
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Data Administrator
Skills required to become a Data Scientist after 12th
Data Scientists are versatile professionals with multiple skills not usually found in a single individual. They often work as a team. A data scientist requires following technical and soft skills.
- Technical skills
- Python skills
- Statistics and Mathematics Skills
- R skills
- SQL skills
- NoSQL skills
- Machine Learning skills
- Data visualization skills
- Natural Language Processing Skills
- Deep learning skills
- Cloud Computing Skills
- Big Data skills
- Data Scientist Soft Skills
- Communication skills
- Business Acumen
- Environmental Awareness
- Data Ethics Skills
As far as salary is concerned, the salary of a Data Scientist will be affected by his/her skills, experience, company and location.
- The average salary for a fresh graduate as an entry level Data Scientist is 5 lakh 11000 annum
- Data scientists who gain 1 to 4 years of experience can get an average salary package of 7 lakh 73000 per annum.
- Your skills will also affect the salary package to a great extent. For example, if you are familiar with Python and R programming language, then the salary you get can be more than 10 lakhs.
- If you also keep the knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, then you can take your career to the next level.
Top colleges for Data Scientist after 12th
Here are the top institutes that offer courses in Data Science.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kharagpur,
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Delhi,
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Bombay,
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Roorkee,
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Bangalore,
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Madras,
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) – Kanpur,
- Manipal Academy of Higher Education – Manipal,
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) – Vellore,
- National Institute of Technology (NIT) – Tiruchirapalli,
- International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) – Hyderabad etc
If you want to become a data scientist then you need to stay updated and informed about developments in data science. If you want to become a data scientist after 12th then you should start learning some basic skills like Python, R skills, SQL skills, fundamentals of statistics etc. In this article we have discussed can I become a data scientist after 12th, what is a data scientist, Duties and Responsibilities of a Data Scientist, Eligibility criteria, Procedure to become a Data Scientist, Skills required to become a Data Scientist, salary of a data scientist, Top colleges for Data Scientist etc.
Hopefully you will like this article, for more information visit our website Sarkari Set . Sarkari Set provides all updates related to medical courses, engineering courses, paramedical, BSc courses, MSc courses etc. For more latest updates visit our website Sarkari Set. If you have any queries contact us [email protected] . If you want to be the first to know the latest news, do not forget to follow us on Telegram and also subscribe our Sarkari Set Website.
Can I Become a Data Scientist after 12th? – FAQs
Can a 12th pass become a data scientist?
Yes, a 12th pass student from a science background can apply for any data science course at the graduation, certificate or diploma level.
What is the minimum qualification for a data science course?
Students who have passed class 12th with the science stream and major subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognised board are eligible for a data science course. Students from a computer science background can also apply for the data science course after 12th.
What is the average salary of a data scientist?
The average salary for a fresh graduate as an entry level Data Scientist is 5 lakh 11000 annum
Data scientists who gain 1 to 4 years of experience can get an average salary package of 7 lakh 73000 per annum.
Your skills will also affect the salary package to a great extent. Like if you are familiar with Python and R programming language, then the salary you get can be more than 10 lakhs.
If you also keep the knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, then you can take your career to the next level.
Which subjects are taught in BTech Data Science ?
Here are some of the subjects that are taught in the BTech Data Science course – applied statistical analysis, discrete structures, mechanical workshops, engineering physics, theory of computation, data warehousing, compiler designing, business intelligence etc.
What are the Top 5 Data Science Colleges in India?
Here are the top 5 colleges in India that offers Data Science Courses after 12th –
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), all campuses
Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirapalli
International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Hyderabad