Are you confused about the best career options after 12th? Well, the good news is there are plenty of options and the bad news is that you will need to work hard to get there.
Candidates, class 12 or 10+2 is a very crucial phase of your life because now is the time that you have to choose what career path you want to go for once your board exams are over. You are going to be so confused about what you should do after the 12th, should you prepare for the entrance test, should you take a gap year or should you just go for a traditional degree? But there are so many other options. So in this article, we will discuss in detail the best career option after 12th in 2024 and different career options that a student has after class 12th.
Most people out there want to pursue higher education and as you should be going to help you in the future but the first way of doing it is by going for a traditional degree in India. Of course, an undergraduate degree is the most popular choice among students. It’s going to provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge that you need to pursue your career goals.
Now of course after class 12th you can opt for an undergraduate degree in different fields like medicine, engineering, commerce, arts and so much more. And, after that, if you are interested in research then you can go for a doctoral degree or a master’s degree in the specific field you are interested in. Here are the following advantages of going for a traditional college degree –
- Provides students with specialized knowledge and skills for your chosen profession
- Offers better career prospects and higher salaries
- Provides opportunities for networking and meeting like-minded people and networking in an in-person setup.
- Prepares students for advanced degrees such as a master’s or doctoral degree.
Best Career Options in Science After 12th in 2024
Here are the best career options after the 12th if you are from the science stream.
- Engineering – Engineering is the most popular course for science students in India in 2024. If you have pure science subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics then you can pursue a degree in engineering such as Bachelor Of Engineering (B.E)/Bachelor Of Technology (B. Tech), Diploma courses, and integrated engineering courses. The duration of this course is 4 years and it is conducted in various colleges and Institutes. You can get admission in these courses through entrance exams such as JEE mains or other exams.
List of B.E/B.Tech Courses after 12th in 2024
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Information Technology
- B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Electronics Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Automobile Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Mining Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Power Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Production Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Biotechnology Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Genetic Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Plastics Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Food Processing and Technology
- B.E/B.Tech in Agricultural Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Environmental Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Dairy Technology and Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Agricultural Information Technology
- B.E/B.Tech in Infrastructure Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Motorsport Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Metallurgy Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Textile Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Marine Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Naval Architecture
- B.E/B.Tech in Geoinformatics
- B.E/B.Tech in Petrochemical Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Polymer Engineering
- B.E/B.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering
- B.E /B.Tech in Nuclear Engineering
- Medical – Candidates if you have Biology, physics, and chemistry in your 12th then you can pursue your career in the medical field. Here is the following list of medical courses you can do after your 12th through NEET Exam that qualified and not qualified candidates can pursue.
- MBBS – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery.
- BDS – Bachelor of Dental Surgery.
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor in Veterinary Science (B.V.Sc)
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac or Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor in Psychology
- Popular career for Science after 12th in 2024
- B.Sc in Sound engineering
- B.Sc in Biotechnology
- B.Sc in Oceanography
- B.Sc in Biochemistry
- B.Sc in Forensic Science
- Career in Aviation
- Career in Cell Therapy
- A career in Genetic Engineering
Best Career Options in Commerce After 12th in 2024
If you have studied commerce in class 12th then you are eligible to pursue your career in various courses like business studies, accounting, management, marketing analysis, maths, economics, statistics, etc.
If you are a commerce student, there is one major benefit that Commerce students have. They are eligible for both Commerce and Arts courses.
- Bachelor of Commerce (B. Com)
- Bachelor of Economics (BE)
- Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Banking and Insurance (BBI)
- Bachelor of Commerce in Financial Market (BFM)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Business Administration – International Business (BBA-IB)
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Computer Application (BBA-CA)
- Industry Oriented Integrated Courses
- Chartered Accountancy
- Company Secretary (CS)
- Cost and Management Accountant
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- BCom (General)
- BCom Marketing
- BCom Tourism & Travel Management
- BA in Humanities & Social Sciences
- BA LLB
- BDes in Design
- Diploma in Education (DEd)
There are so many career options in Commerce After the 12th in 2024. You can switch your career from commerce to humanities. Depending on your interest, there are so many career options in commerce after 12th in 2024 with mathematics or without mathematics.
- Courses after 12th Commerce With Mathematics
- BCom Honours
- BCom Accounting and Taxation
- BCom Statistics
- BCom in Management Accounting & International Finance
- BCom in Accounting
- BCom Applied Economics
- BCom Banking & Finance
- Courses after 12th Commerce Without Maths
- BCom (Bachelor of Commerce)
- BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
- BMS(Bachelor of Management Studies)
- Company Secretary
- Bachelor in Travel and Tourism
- Bachelors in Hospitality
- Bachelor in Event Management
- Bachelor in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Journalism
- BBA LLB
- BA LLB
- Bachelor of Foreign Trade
- BBS (Bachelor of Business Studies)
- BSc. Animation and Media
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Vocational Studies
- Bachelor of Arts
- B.A. (Hons)
- B. Ed (Bachelor of Education)
- Bachelor of Interior Designing
- Diploma Courses after 12th Commerce
- Diploma in Digital Marketing
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Advanced Accounting
- Certified Management Accountant
- Diploma in Financial Accounting
- Diploma in Retail Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Computer Application
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
- Diploma in Elementary Education
- Diploma in Physical Education
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Diploma in Yoga
- Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- Diploma in Management
- Diploma in Fashion Designing
Best Career Options in Humanities After 12th in 2024
If you studied arts or humanities in class 11th & 12th, then you will have an endless list of career options after 12th in 2024. Here are the following courses you can pursue after the 12th –
- B.A. (Hons.) English
- B.A. (Hons.) Political Science
- B.A. (Hons.) Sociology
- B.A. (Hons.) Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) Geography
- B.A. (Hons.) History
- B.A. (Hons.) Journalism and Mass Communication
- B.A. (Hons.) Hindi and other language courses
- B.A. (Hons.) Fine Arts
- B.A. (Hons.) Performing Arts
- B.A. (Hons.) Liberal Arts
- B.A. (Hons.) Film Studies
- B.A. (Hons.) Psychology
- B.A. (Hons.) Social Work
- B.A. (Hons.) Philosophy
- B.A. (Hons.) Applied Psychology
- B.A. Linguistics
- B.A. Digital Media and Communication
- B.A. Program with 2-3 subject concentrations
- Bachelor in Culinary Arts
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Interior Design
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
- Bachelor of Event Management
- B.A.- Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)
- Bachelor of Fashion Design
- Bachelor of Design
- Bachelor of Design in Animation
Online/ Distance Degree
One thing that you must notice is that traditional degrees are not suitable for everyone considering that it is a huge investment of both time and money. With so much innovation and technology in today’s world, the other option that you have is going to online or distance universities. Nowadays online Universities are booming considering that we had to go through the COVID-19 pandemic. So these universities offer courses and Programmes in the online setup which means you can study from the comfort of your home compared to traditional universities, online universities are offering such different and new types of programs and courses. These are the skills that you require in today’s time. There are such following courses –
- Web development
- Digital Marketing
- Graphic design
- Data Analytics
- Data Science and more.
These courses are specifically designed to give you the industry-like skills and knowledge that is high in demand. We can say online universities are the perfect alternative for any student who wants to pursue skill development courses. Here are the following benefits of going to an online University –
- Flexibility in your schedule
- It has lower tuition fees compared to traditional universities
- It is super convenient you can pursue it from anywhere
- You have access to experts because the people who are teaching you the courses are specialized in that specific field
- It’s also technology driven and you will be able to learn with interactive tools and multimedia content.
Vocational Courses / Certificate Courses / Diploma
You can also do vocational courses or a diploma that gives you specialized knowledge and a specific field and usually in such courses you have hands-on experience of what you are learning. You get real-world training and the students are job ready. The major advantage of doing vocational courses or diplomas are-
- You will get the practical skills required for your chosen profession.
- It offers better employment prospects and higher salaries.
- Less expensive than the traditional course
- These courses are perfect for someone who wants to go for entrepreneurship or wants to be self-sufficient.
Undergraduate Degree Outside India
Since we have discussed undergraduates from traditional colleges, a sub-part of that is going for an undergraduate degree abroad that is outside of India. Of Course, there are so many colleges outside India. The top colleges of the world that you can get access to are in so many places like the United States, UK, Canada, Singapore, and others. When it comes to going abroad for your undergraduate degree you have to consider the money aspect or the budget.
Only if your budget allows and if you want that kind of exposure and you want to settle abroad then going for an undergraduate degree outside India makes sense. But if you are still not sure, then doing an undergraduate degree abroad is not a good choice because you have to spend a lot of money instead of going for your post-graduation degree abroad and then deciding what you want to do.
Taking a gap year is not so popular in India. This gap year allows a student to decide what you want to do after class 12. You can prepare yourself for appearing in the entrance exams like NEET, JEE MAINS, CUET, CAT, or in other exams. You can join any coaching online or offline or you can do self-study to prepare for these entrance exams to get a seat in a medical College or engineering college. It’s very confusing 12 what to do next. So this is the time when you can get these advantages –
- Getting Time for Self-reflection and personal growth
- Improve academic performances
- Career exploration and development
- Time to prepare for different entrance exams.
To get admission to the top colleges of India or to get a government job as well in this gap year, you can also volunteer or intern somewhere. You can volunteer for social and environmental causes or you can intern in a good company to get some experience of how things are done in the real world. If you choose to pursue a degree abroad they give you the option to defer your admission for years. You can choose to be in India and do whatever you want to and then take admission in the next year.
Choosing a career after the 12th is very difficult and confusing. Through this article you will gain a brief knowledge about the best career option after 12th in 2024, and different career options that a student has after class 12th.
For more information visit our website Sarkari Set regularly. Hopefully, this article brought you clarity about what to choose, and what career path you want to go for once your board exams are over. There are so many career options available in India. Depending on your interest and skills you have to choose what will be the best career option after the 12th. If you have any queries about career options then comment below.
Best Career Options After 12th In 2024 – FAQs
Q. Which course after 12 has the highest salary ?
After the 12th there are so many courses that provide the highest salary. These courses are
1. MBBS ( Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
2. B. Tech Engineering
5. Mass communication and journalism
Q. Can I pursue a career in arts or humanities after 12th Science ?
There is a major benefit that after 12th you can switch your career from science to arts or humanities. Also, you can switch your career options from commerce to arts or humanities.
Q. What are the professional courses after the 12th ?
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Architecture
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Bachelor of Technology
Bachelor of Journalism
Is CA easy for Science Students ?
No, if you are a science student then you are unfamiliar with commerce subjects like accountancy, and business studies. So, Chartered Accountant will be very difficult for science students.
Which is the easiest field after the 12th ?
After the 12th, you can go for a traditional degree course or diploma. The fields including Food and Nutrition, Web designing, BSc Nursing, and BA in language, Arts, and humanities will be easy to study and they provide a well structured salary.